Monday, July 15, 2013

Coconut Fried Paleo Chicken

I was craving fried chicken which doesn't happen often. I really do not crave fried food. Maybe fries but that is about it. I came across a paleo recipe for fried chicken using coconut flour and flakes. This is not the recipe I saw but I just winged it and did what I thought would work and be good using the ingredients in my pantry. It turned out awesome and the entire house smelt amazing!! 

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Coconut Flour
Coconut Milk
Coconut Flakes 
Coconut Oil 

Method:
- Melt some coconut oil in a pan 
- Dip your chicken in a bowl of coconut milk (just enough to get it moist) 
- Then dip it in a bowl of coconut flour (again just enough to cover it) 
- Dip the coconut flower covered chicken once more in the coconut milk
- Then dip the chicken in a bowl of coconut flakes for the crispy outer layer. 
- Fry on medium heat on your skillet 

**These ingredients are not the cheapest so I tried to conserve. Don't be frugal. A small amount goes a long way** 


No comments:

Post a Comment