Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 36

So as far as the hunger thing I had talked about a couple blogs earlier.. I have received some advice/information about fasting for 16 hours a day while eating within an 8 hour period. I did this today and although it's only the first day, I do like it a lot. I was actually hungry for lunch and dinner. Not starving but hungry. I wanted to eat. I didn't feel like I was forcing myself to eat food. (It's so odd that I'm saying this because I typically have never had to "force" myself to eat.. there was no such thing). I'm going to continue to try this out for a while and see how it goes. While reading up on the benefits, one of the ones that stuck out to me the most was that eating this way releases that constant thought of food from your mind. You learn to not worry about when you will eat. As embarrassing as it is to admit it, this is something I've prayed over a long time. Have you ever known someone who says they just don't think about food or eating really? I find that breed rare as I've never thought that way. Growing up it's always what's for lunch?- at the breakfast table, whats for dinner?- at lunch time and what's for breakfast tomorrow? - during dinner. I just find that odd.. food should not be thought about THAT much. It just shouldn't. I know many people would disagree with this style of eating because it "slows your metabolism" etc.. but I've read differently that it actually does not and am willing to give it a shot. When I was in middle school I actually only ate 1 meal a day and I wound up losing 45 pounds while unintentionally fasting (I was a chunker). Now of course I wasn't as active as I am today so I won't be eating 1 meal a day as I need good fuel, but I'm going to experiment and see how this goes..

Coffee: 9:00 am & 3:00 pm
Meal 1- 1:00 pm - Pork Ribs and a Sweet Potato 
Meal 2- 8:00 pm- Pork Ribs, Kale, Egg and Bacon with a glass of Almond Milk

WOD:
Strength: Complex: 1 Squat Clean from the Power Position, 1 Squat Clean from the Hang Position 1 Squat Clean from the ground followed by 1 Jerk.  Max Effort Weight: @100 Pounds

Conditioning: "Grace" - 30 Clean and Jerks for Time @95 Pounds- TIME: 5:31 RX

POST WOD:
500m Row, 30 Burpies, 400m Run - Time: 8:17 min


Pork Ribs- So good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment